|Birth Date||c.1876 (Aged 61 by 1937)|
|Role||Fhirald General (former)|
Gallian Army personnel
|Valkyria Chronicles 3|
- "I knew Jaeger when he was still wetting his bed."
- —Zahar Alonso, Valkyria Chronicles 3
Zahar Alonso (ザハール・アロンソ Zahāru Aronso?) was a former Fhiraldian general who became a mercenary following Fhirald's loss to the Empire and through his subsequent wandering around Europa. He ended up serving the Gallian Army during the invasion of Gallia. However, due to his heavy drinking problem, he caused too much trouble and thus was sent to Squad 422.
- "A former Fhiraldian general who drowned his sorrows in alcohol after his kingdom fell."
- —VC3 COMPLETE ARTWORKS Description
Zahar is an alcoholic soldier who hails from the kingdom of Fhirald. After Fhirald was destroyed during the First Europan War, Zahar wandered around aimlessly as a mercenary before enlisting with the Gallian military. Zahar's combat skills were acknowledged and he was assigned to the Gallian Militia, but he got drunk and caused trouble far too often. He was labeled an alcoholic and transferred to Nameless.
Zahar is usually regarded as a nuisance due to his habit of spending the majority of the day drunk and rambling endlessly about things no one cares to hear about.
Zahar may not seem like much now, but rumor has it that he was a talented and respected general in Fhirald's army. He retired, choosing Jaeger as his replacement, and was away from Fhirald when it was destroyed during the First Europan War. Overcome with a devastating sense of guilt and responsibility, Zahar sought solace at the bottom of the bottle. No one knows how true these rumors actually are, but it has also been suggested that Zahar is actually a really nice guy who doesn't discriminate by age or social status.
After Nameless was disbanded, Zahar returned to what used to be Fhirald and now uses old connections to support a certain someone's efforts.
- Unprecedented - When HP is lowered below half its total points, anti-personnel damage may be boosted.
- Soldier's Pride - Defense may be raised when taking interception fire.
- Drunkard - When AP is below half its total points, control of Zahar may end immediately.
- Thoughts of the Motherland - Accuracy and evasion may be raised when inside an allied encampment. Obtained after completing the Extra Chapter The Old General, Zahar.
In Valkyria Chronicles 3, all characters share the same set of battle potentials for each and every unit classes. For the list of battle potentials, see Potentials in Valkyria Chronicles 3.
Killing a foe
Healed by Ragnaid
Rescuing an Ally
Revived by Medic
- Zahar's grounds for Namelessness was a transfer from the Gallian Militia to Nameless for breach of military regulations (drunken brawling).
- Like Radi Jaeger, who is also a Fhiraldian, Zahar wears animal skulls on his shoulder plates. This suggests that this is a Fhirald custom.