|Birth Date||c.1910 (Aged 27 by 1937)|
Gallian National Arsenal
|Role||Gallian militiaman (former)|
Wendy Cheslock (ウェンディ・チェスロック Wendi Chesurokku?) is a twenty-five year old Squad 7 shocktrooper with a love of explosives who appears in the original Valkyria Chronicles videogame. She is easily identifiable on the battlefield by her woolen cap and black eye markings.
Wendy also appears as a member of squad 1 in the Valkyria Chronicles anime.
Tinkering with explosives filled this shut-in's days until an overly ambitious portion of gunpowder blew her house to bits.
She applied to be a trooper on the front lines as a way of testing out her bombs. Her squad mates whisper that she keeps a miniature bomb under her cap.
Post-EWII, she took work at the Gallian National Arsenal developing explosives. Her designs, while potent, have all been too unstable for a sane soldier to use. She is also the author of "Cheslock's Theory on Explosives" which is now a study subject in a number of schools.
In Valkyria Chronicles 2, Wendy's book is mentioned as one of the reading materials for Marion Siegbahn.
Wendy volunteered to be a shocktrooper so that she would get the chance to test out her explosives on the frontlines, first-hand. Rumors say she keeps a small bomb tucked away under her cap. One time, Wendy had locked herself up in her house to develop a new bomb when she accidentally mixed the wrong amounts of explosive materials and blew up her own house. After the war, she got a job at the state-owned weapons company of Gallia, but all of the explosives Wendy has developed thus far have been deemed too dangerous for practical use.
- HP - 213
- Accuracy - 18
- Evasion - 10
- AP - 350
- Defense - 10
- HP - 357
- Accuracy - 56.5
- Evasion - 29.5
- AP - 450
- Defense - 20
- Metal Head - The smell of iron clears the head, leading to a boost in attack power.
- Shut-In - When holed up in camp, they cease to pay attention to the world outside, causing a drop in defense.
- Outcast - Having allies of the same unit class nearby puts them on edge, lowering their evasion abilities.
- N/A - This character has no fourth potential.
- Damage Boost - Attack power against human targets is boosted a set percentage of the time.
- Kamikaze - Both accuracy and evasion receive a boost when HP drops to a single digit.
- Dud Mine - Land mines have a set chance of not exploding when tripped.
- Phoenix - They have a set chance of returning to life with full HP when their their HP reaches zero.
- "Hehe... I'm on it."
- "Here I come."
- "You're gonna get shot!"
Killing a Foe
- "Heh, yay."
- "I see youuu!"
- "Target sighted."
- "Have some back up, heh."
- "Let me shoot too."
- "... I'll shoot then too!"
- "Hehe... I love you metal." (Metal Head)
- "I... Don't want to go anywhere." (Shut In)
- "No, I belong alone." (Outcast)
- "Hehehe... I have the power." (Damage Boost)
- "I'm tired... I'll just charge!" (Kamikaze)
- "Hehe... Dud." (Dud Mine)
- "Can't kill me... I won't die." (Phoenix)
Healed by Ragnaid
- "Hehe... Thanks."
Rescuing an Ally
After Medic Visit
- "Please! We need help!"
- "If you die.... You can't shoot anymore..."
- "Getting shot's a drag."
- "Bullets hurt huh?"
- "..." (cry/moan)
- "Shooting guns is... Lame, eh? Hurts to shoot people... Hurts to... Get shot..."
Enter Squad 7
- "I'm Wendy Cheslock... Heehee... Kaboom..."
Exit Squad 7
- "What... It's over? Oh... that's sad...."
- Wendy appears as a member of Squad 1 in the anime, but is killed in action. It could also be noted that she and Rosina Selden were the only women in the original Squad 7 that were killed off in the Anime.
|Officers||Alicia | Eleanor | Isara | Largo | Rosie | Welkin | Zaka|
|Scout||Aika | Cherry | Freesia | Hermes | Juno | Melville | Montley | Nancy | Noce | Ramona | Susie | Ted | Wavy|
|Shocktrooper||Aisha | Alex | Coby | Dorothy | Edy | Hannes | Jane | Kevin | Mica | Nina | Salinas | Vyse | Wendy|
|Lancer||Elysse | Hector | Jann | Nils | Rosina | Theold | Walter | Yoko|
|Engineer||Claudia | Dallas | Herbert | Homer | Karl | Nadine | Ramsey|
|Sniper||Catherine | Cezary | Marina | Oscar|
|Tech Support||Hans | Kreis | Leon | Medic|
|Tank||Edelweiss | Shamrock|
|Hidden||Audrey | Emile | Knute | Lynn | Musaad|