|Birth Date||c.1908 (Aged 27 by 1935)|
|Squad Story||Worlds Apart|
- "This drunk happens to know a thing or two about shooting. And whisky. Hm...Mostly the whisky."
- —Vancey, to Zaiga
Edinburgh Army Squad E shocktrooper, age 27. A heavy drinker, and almost always inebriated, to the annoyance of her squad. Loves whisky the best.
Even drunk, she's a crack shot. Despite her wobbling hand, she rarely misses her mark, shooting in-between long swigs of vodka.
She relies on alcohol to help her cope with traumatic memories. Torn between her pain and responsibility, she turns to wine for comfort.
Seeing young soldiers grow has helped put her dark past into perspective. Alcohol affects her less now, and she drinks tequila like it's tea.
To have called Vancey a drunkard would have been like saying water was wet. She came off as personable and friendly, if only because she would be a bit too inebriated to be much else. She was practically never seen sober, and was often seen swaying slightly and always talked with a slight slur. On occasion, she displayed some levelheadedness, but only whenever her previous service record was brought up in conversation or when she was alone with her traumatic flashbacks.
Before her enlistment with Squad E, Vancey was once a part of an elite special operations team. However, a tragedy in their final mission left the unit slaughtered to the man save for her. To escape the trauma, she regularly drowned her mind in liquor, though for reasons unknown, she took the field once more in the Federation Army. Despite her alcoholism, in the right frame of mind she could still summon up her considerable skills.
Vancey is a Squad E shocktrooper who joins the active roster in Chapter 06: The Point of No Return.
- Base stats
- HP - 227
- AP - 500
- Accuracy - 17
- Dodge - 11
- Defense - 4
- Max stats
(Level 30 Shocktrooper Paragon)
- HP - 446
- AP - 600
- Accuracy - 55.2
- Dodge - 38.4
- Defense - 7
- Personal potentials
|Drunken Stagger||Getting counterattacked by an enemy decreases her evasion.|
|Low Blood Pressure||Acting before anyone else lowers her firing accuracy.|
|Flashback||When no allies are around, she's haunted by memories of the past, which lowers her defense.|
|Hammered||At times, dropping below half AP will leave her to drunk to function, and unable to take further action. (Before Squad Story is completed)|
|Former Elite||Muscle memory from her days as an elite soldier raises all her stats. (Replaces Hammered after completion of Squad Story)|
- Battle Potentials
|Melee Skills||Evasion is improved when an enemy is nearby.|
|Ambush Spotter||Enemy units in hiding can be spotted from the same distance as a scout.|
|Major vs. Personnel||Attack power against human targets is moderately boosted a set percentage of the time.|
|Double Attack||They have a set chance of being able to attack twice consecutively.|
- By "unable to take further action," Hammered means "will instantly end her Movement Phase."
- While she may appear to be a joke character and is certainly unique in starting with all of her Personal Potentials having negative effects, "Former Elite" is very much the punchline, being essentially an off-brand version of the Potential "Valkyria" in terms of the gigantic boosts it grants to all of her stats. If her morale is high, she is potentially one of the best Shocktroopers in the game.
- Second most accurate Shocktrooper, after Raz (56) and tied with Stanley Barclay.
- Average dodge and health.
- Her character-specific item is a photograph of her old unit (+2 vs Pers).