|Birth Date||c.1907 (Aged 30 by 1937)|
Gallian Army personnel
|Valkyria Chronicles 3|
Valkyria Chronicles 3 OVA
- "To know the truth of history, one must study history as recorded by the fallen."
- —Valerie Aynsley, Valkyria Chronicles 3
Valerie Aynsley (ヴァレリー・エインズレイ Varerī Einzurei?), known as "Number 12" was a historian. She was searching for the truths behind the Darcsen Calamity and repeatedly attempted to trespass on historical ruins. Her preferred classes are Scout and Engineer. She is voiced by Ai Sasaki.
- "A historian who has devoted her life to the pursuit of the truth."
- —VC3 COMPLETE ARTWORKS Description
Valerie was one of the youngest assistant professors at Randgriz University (the university Welkin attended), and is a brilliant historian. While she was researching the roots of the Darcsen Calamity, Valerie repeatedly entered Randgriz Castle without authorization and also dug through some of Gallia's more sensitive documents. Gallia's ruling body was intent on keeping the royal family's Darcsen heritage a secret, and assigned Valerie to Nameless because they considered her a serious threat to national stability.
Valerie's professor once told her that knowing history is to know the world and thus humans as a whole. Believing in the truth of these words, Valerie is convinced that uncovering the truth about Gallia's history, war, and prejudice will help to build a future without unjust persecution. To this end, she has devoted her life to pursuing the truth in all things. She maintains a neutral position in all circumstances and is unaffected by things like age and rank when she interacts with others. Valerie does, however, have a tendency to bury herself in her research, at which point she becomes oblivious to everything around her.
After Nameless was disbanded, Valerie lost her position at the university and was unable to continue her research. She was given an opportunity to begin her studies anew with a researcher in a foreign country, however, and Valerie gratefully accepted.
- Composure - Keeps a cool head when under interception fire, leading to a boost in accuracy.
- Girl Genius - Accuracy, evasion, defense, anti-personnel and anti-armor damage, and status resistance may be raised upon selection.
- Chatty Cathy - Being near units with good affinity may prove distracting, leading to a loss of accuracy.
- Inquisitiveness - Evasion may be lowered when Valerie spots enemy units.
- The Gate of History - When HP is reduced below half its total points, defense and evasion may be raised. Replaces Inquisitiveness after completing the Extra Chapter Seek Out the Hidden Truth.
In Valkyria Chronicles 3, all characters share the same set of battle potentials for each and every unit classes. For the list of battle potentials, see Potentials in Valkyria Chronicles 3.
Killing a foe
Healed by Ragnaid
Rescuing an Ally
Revived by Medic
- Valerie's grounds for Namelessness was committing a crime (entered Randgriz Castle without authorization).