|Birth Date||c.1906 (Aged 29 by 1935)|
Private First Class
|Likes||Stanley Barclay, Viola Bryce, Ferrier Blancheur|
|Squad Story||Girl in the Iron Mask|
|Valkyria Chronicles 4|
- "You're a funny guy, Stanley. I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last."
- —Jean Matrix
Edinburgh Army Squad E lancer, age 29. A born soldier with an incredible physique. Usually tries to solve most of her problems with brute force.
She joined the army thinking it'd be the perfect strength training. She's treated like one of the guys, though she hates talking about her age.
She's happily married. She met her husband when she was wounded and sent to a field hospital. He's her opposite-quiet and physically slight.
She went on to win the arm wrestling world championship-but could never beat her husband, always too flustered about holding his hand.
- Base stats
- HP - 265
- AP - 400
- Accuracy - 10
- Dodge - 0
- Defense - 3
- Max stats
(Level 30 Lancer Paragon)
- HP - 523
- AP - 450
- Accuracy - 34
- Dodge - 18
- Defense - 5
- Personal potentials
|Brawny||Her muscular frame and strong constitution lets her shrug off attacks, raising her defense.|
|Sloppy||She has a chance of losing ammunition after battle.|
|Husband at Home||Being near allies makes her mind wander to a loved one back home, causing her accuracy to decrease.|
|Ripped||Sheer muscle lets her wield heavy weapons with ease, which can bypass tank defenses.|
|Complete Squad Story - Girl in the Iron Mask|
- Battle Potentials
|Tank Killer||When near a tank, they enjoy heightened accuracy.|
|Cannon Stabilization||Crouching increases their accuracy.|
|Poison Tolerance||An acquired tolerance to toxins renders them immune to status ailments.|
|Super vs. Armor||Their attack power against tanks is greatly boosted a set percentage of the time.|
- She is named after John Matrix, a character played by Arnold Schwarzenegger in the movie Commando. The fact that the battle mission in her Squad Story is called Commandos makes it abundantly clear that this was the intended reference, and she also quotes the film during the story sections of the mission.
- The effect of Ripped is to ignore a tank's Body Def, as if she were using the Order "Penetration."
- Second-lowest accuracy of any Lancer, after Sergio Mousquelaire, albeit having two, relatively easy-to-activate accuracy-increasing potentials in Tank Killer and Cannon Stabilization.
- Worst dodge among the Lancers, tied with Gertrude Albright and Keigel Hohmann.
- Second-highest HP of any Lancer, after Laurent McCloud.
- Brawny, Ripped, accuracy-increasing potentials, Super vs. Armor, and her decent HP would make her an effective generalist lancer, if it weren't for her Sloppy potential, which reduces her ammo to zero whenever activated and thus takes her out of the running as a good lancer. Although it rarely activates, Jean activating sloppy makes her an unreliable unit.
- Her character-specific item is a survival equipment set (Def +3).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.