|Birth Date||c.1905 (Aged 32 by 1937)|
Gallian Army personnel
|Valkyria Chronicles 3|
- "Good food has the power to spread joy across the entire world. The meal is mightier than the sword! Am I right?"
- —Giulio Rosso, Valkyria Chronicles 3
Giulio Rosso has a genuine passion for cooking, having worked as a chef since before the Empire's invasion of Gallia. Trouble began to rear its head, though, when he became part of the military during said invasion. Giulio's creative impulses were too strong to conform to concepts such as private ownership, taking more than he was allotted in terms of regular food supplies and nabbing rarer items from the personal stocks of Army commanders in order to make his dishes. To this day he still has a habit of borrowing without asking, and is always on the lookout for new and high-quality ingredients to use. The Gallian officers were less than appreciative of his activities, and due to his repeated infractions transferred him into Squad 422. Not long after Kurt Irving became commander of said squad the two men bonded over their similar hobbies, having a cook-off that resulted in a tie.
Central to his personal philosophy is the fact that the desire for good food transcends the boundaries between individuals, races, and nationalities. When the 422nd was handed the task of clearing Imperial troops out of a Darscen village in place of a disinterested Army squad, Giulio jumped at the chance to try and find a key ingredient to a Darscen soup dish called "kohakudake" he had been wanting to try. Following the battle the Army squad entered the village, claiming the victory was their own work while rudely refusing what food the villagers offered as thanks. While Gusurg was on the edge of directly confronting the soldiers for their disrespect, Giulio interrupted with an offer of kohakudake for both his Nameless comrades and the Army soldiers, which all found surprisingly delicious.
- "A merry chef who aims to achieve world peace through his amazing cooking."
- —VC3 COMPLETE ARTWORKS
Giulio lost both of his parents when he was just a little boy, and would have starved to death had it not been for a compassionate chef. The bowl of soup Giulio received that day nourished both his body and soul, and Giulio decided at that point that he also wanted to be a professional chef. His wish was granted when he landed a job as a military chef for the Gallian Army, but he was transferred to Nameless for repeatedly making unauthorized use of his base's food reserves. Even after his transfer, however, Giulio sought out every opportunity to hone his culinary skills. As he traveled from battlefield to battlefield, Giulio would experiment with new dishes created from local ingredients.
Giulio genuinely believes that good food can bring people happiness and build bridges between different cultures.
After his days with Nameless, Giulio traveled far and wide on a quest to discover new flavors. Giulio's cheerful disposition allowed him to quickly make friends wherever he went, and he was even quicker to hit on local females... but to this day, women everywhere have proven too smart to fall for his sweet words, and he has yet to find a girlfriend.
- Procurement Expert - After attacking there is a chance to fully replenish all ammunition.
- Feeling - Accuracy, anti-personnel and anti-armor damage are raised when close by allies with which he has a good friendship.
- Bug Hater - Accuracy and evasion may be lowered when moving through grassy terrain.
- Chef Paragon - HP may be restored after attacking. Obtained by completing the Extra Chapter Mightier Than The Sword.
In Valkyria Chronicles 3, all characters share the same set of battle potentials for each and every unit classes. For the list of battle potentials, see Potentials in Valkyria Chronicles 3.
Killing a foe
Healed by Ragnaid
Rescuing an Ally
- オレがいないと。。 あいつらマズイメシしか食えねぇじゃねぇか。。
Revived by Medic
- Giulio's grounds for Namelessness was a transfer from the Gallian Militia to Nameless for breach of military regulations (unauthorized use of food reserves).