|Birth Date||c.1908 (Aged 29 by 1937)|
|Role||Gallian Army personnel|
|Preferred|| Armored Tech|
|Valkyria Chronicles 3|
Valkyria Chronicles 3 OVA
- "Why couldn't I have died instead of my sister...?"
- —Deit, Valkyria Chronicles 3
Tall, imposing, and often scowling, Deit views the world through a pessimistic lens, but nevertheless works hard to ensure the safety of his squad-mates. While Deit had initially joined the Gallian war effort out concern for his younger sister Deina, he soon found his Darcsen heritage prevented him from doing so in the way he wanted. His commander in the militia kicked him into the Nameless merely for the fact of his race, which did nothing to help his temperament. Stripped of his identity and cut off from his loved ones for no crime whatsoever, he was one of the 422nd who felt most trapped by his circumstances, and longed for a way out.
During an operation in the Barious Desert Deit makes the decision to use an oncoming sandstorm to his advantage and run in hopes of reuniting with Deina. However, he soon finds that young Amy Apple has followed him, imploring him to reconsider how things would turn out if he were caught deserting. Kurt Irving also catches up to the pair, who find themselves surrounded by Imperial troops. Together the three hold out until the remaining Nameless members come to their aid. When the chaos is calmed, Kurt explains that he had received a letter for Deit reporting his sister's death, and that his escape attempt would have been for naught. Despite his grief, Deit eventually resolves to stick with the Nameless, having developed an attachment to Amy from her similarities to Deina. Deit also comes to the aid of Valerie Aynsley in her pursuit of ruins related to the Darcsen Calamity. While he has doubts about her revelations of true history ending the persecution of his race anytime soon, he nevertheless recognizes the merit in her passionate efforts.
- "A helplessly negative man who joined the militia for his beloved younger sister."
- —VC3 COMPLETE ARTWORKS Description
Deit was born in a poverty-stricken region in northern Gallia. Being unusually tall and depressing, Deit was often picked on as a child. Having spent most of his childhood being punched and kicked, Deit has built up a high pain threshold.
Deit spent most of his life doing little and desiring nothing. He was unemployed for a long time, sustained only by the efforts of his sole surviving family member, his little sister Dyna. Deit's sister was so worried about his future that he resorted to enlisting in the militia just to offer Dyna a sense of reassurance. Upon joining the militia, however, Deit was transferred to Nameless for no other reason than because he was a Darcsen. This was such a shock to Deit that he retreated even further into his shell, refusing to interact with others and calling his squadmates only by their Numbers. Deit refrained from telling his sister about his transfer to Nameless. He doesn't speak much and tends to directly state his emotions when he does, which often causes conflicts between himself and others. Amy is the only Nameless who has managed to make a crack in Deit's shell.
After Nameless was disbanded, Deit started making a modest living with his wireworking skills, and eventually left on a journey to visit Darcsens in various regions. As Deit got to know more and more Darcsens, he felt his curiosity about his heritage growing. When he is reunited with Valerie at Kurt and Riela's wedding, Deit offers to assist with her Darcsen calamity research.
- Dexterity - Accuracy may be raised upon selection
- Darcsen Pride - When fellow Darcsen units are nearby, accuracy, defense, and anti-armor damage are boosted.
- Pessimist - When AP falls below half, evasion may be decreased.
- Misanthrope - Anti-personnel damage may be decreased when near allied units.
- Sister's Face - Anti-personnel damage is boosted when near Amy. Replaces Misanthrope after completing the Extra Chapter Bonds.
In Valkyria Chronicles 3, all characters share the same set of battle potentials for each and every unit classes. For the list of battle potentials, see Potentials in Valkyria Chronicles 3.
Killing a foe
Healed by Ragnaid
Rescuing an Ally
Revived by Medic
- Deit's grounds for Namelessness was a transfer from the Gallian Militia to Nameless for breach of military regulations (in truth, was transferred just for being a Darcsen).
- Deit only ever tells his name to one other Nameless member; Amy. Throughout the whole game he and the squad refer to him as No.56.