|Breaking the Line 3|
|Number||Chapter 4(2), part 5|
|Time of day||Day|
|Number of units||12: Claude (Hafen), 1 vehicle slot, Riley, 7 open slots, 1 reserve
Raz (cannot be controlled)
|CP||Start 10, 7 per turn|
|Turns for A rank||4|
|Objectives||Any allied unit reaches the target|
|Failure conditions||The enemy occupies your base camp
All allied infantry fall in action
|Special conditions|| Vulcan
Enemy moves first
|Enemy vehicles||Assault Tank x 2|
|Enemy officers||Scout x 1|
|Enemy ace(s)||Hawkeye Iris|
|Ace drop(s)||ZM SG 1(e)|
The Battle of Siegval, Part 3 is the third and last part of Chapter 4 in Valkyria Chronicles 4. The third combat mission is Breaking the Line 3.
- Squad E was ambushed by Ausbruch, an elite tank squad led by Klaus Walz. This came right after Sergeant Kai Schulen was ambushed and shot while protecting Sergeant Raz in his reckless Leeroy-Jenkins style solo attack on imperial lines.
- There are three main deployment areas
- The easternmost position with the Hafen and Riley predeployed there; there are also 2 regular unit slots and an extra tank slot. This area is protected by a wooden wall.
- The westernmost position; it has space for two infantry units, but is directly exposed to enemy fire on the first turn.
- The northernmost position, anchored by a camp, has 3 unit spaces, and is protected from behind by wooden walls; it can easily access the exposed western position.
There are two main paths that lead toward Raz and Kai's position: an uphill, wide-open area accessible by heading east from the Hafen's starting position, and a lower, much narrower path accessible via the northern camp that tanks can't enter.
Although Squad E troops can get quite close to Raz and Kai via the uphill path, the end is actually blocked off by indestructible/impassible tank traps.
The lower path, although allowing for access to Raz and Kai, is filled with imperial fire -- shocktroopers and scouts on the lower path, with grenadiers, snipers, bunkers, and gating turrets on the upper path raining interception fire from above.
Let's think about this, okay?
"Kai and Raz are somewhere northeast of us. They need help, and they need it soon. If the enemy gets to them before we do, there'll be nothing we can do. And lest we forget, there's an unidentified tank coming with its sights on the Hafen... But I do have a plan. I need you to lure that tank into my range. I'll take it from there."
Location: Siegval Line, Cliffside Summit
Description: Rescue Raz and Kai by reaching the target before the enemy does. The black tank fires its machine gun while in motion, so try not to leave any allies on its path.
"Come on, Claude. Our friends are waiting for us!"
- Ausbruch's Assault Tanks and Vulcan get the first turn; they often try to kill the troops in the western starting position. Sometimes lancers at this spot can survive this turn, so as to kill the tanks in return, but it's often completely random whether they'll survive or not.
- The Vulcan's interception and top-mounted radiator make attacking it with the Hafen somewhat difficult
- The Vulcan's interception fire inflicts the Attack Down condition on vehicles (halving their attack power)
- The Hafen's low accuracy makes hitting the Vulcan's top-mounting radiator somewhat of a crapshoot
- The Hafen can still take on the Vulcan as long as it stays out of range of its Gatling Turret. Additionally, taking advantage of team attacks with lancers can make short work of it.
- When using Riley and her anti-armor mortar, take care to aim around the Vulcan's barrel while firing on the radiator; hitting the barrel counts as a body hit and reduces damage dealt.
- Because Raz actually starts just outside the target area, it's possible to have an explosive blow him backwards into it and therefore complete the objective (as long as it doesn't KO him).
|Enemy Ace Reward|
Klaus was impressed by Claude's skill in defeating Ausbruch, enough to declare Claude to be his "Soul-Mate". Meanwhile, Kai and Raz were able to escape the battle mostly unhurt, with the Squad E medic removing the bullet in Kai's body without any complications.
- This is the first map where Ausbruch units are encountered.
- Walz's dialogue at the end of the map will not trigger if the Vulcan has been destroyed.